kids and youth
summer fun for kids!
Let’s celebrate summer together! Each month, we’re offering special events in addition to our regular Sunday ministries. Click here to view a flyer to print and share!
- Sat, June 11, 5-8pm: Mixed-Up-Meal & Movie Night in NHUnited Social Hall. Kids of all ages and family members welcome to join! RSVP link to come.
- Sat, July 9, 10am-1pm: Pride Parade Prep in NHUnited Garden. Come create posters and t-shirts for our involvement marching in and supporting the Pride Parade! (Parade happening on Sat, July 16.)
- August 1-5, 9am-1pm: Rise & Shine Kids Camp is for kids going into grades K-5 in the upcoming school year. Cost is $30/child. Camp includes biblical storytelling, skits, games, crafts, yoga, and small groups. Camp concludes with a Friday Field Day Festival! Click here to view a flyer to print and share! Find more info about the camp experience and volunteer opportunities on the forms linked below:
For kids age 0-5, you may certainly keep your child in the sanctuary. There is also a Nursery located in the building connected to the sanctuary. The Nursery is open from 10:20am – 12:20pm. Time in the Nursery includes play, singing, dancing, prayer, learning simple scripture, and a lesson for those age 3-5. So we can provide the best care for your child, we collect a Nursery Info Form in person or you can fill it out in advance online here. We have a dedicated Nursery staff scheduled each week, along with volunteer teachers and caregivers. Every staff and volunteer has completed the Safe Gatherings compliance training, as well as NHUnited’s training on our protocols and procedures and is vaccinated. All those age 2+ in the Nursery are required to wear a mask.
For kids age 6+, we love having them in our worship service the whole time. They are welcome to sit with you, in the children’s area in the corner, or a combination! There are children’s activities available in the children’s area to engage them on themes of God’s love and loving our neighbors.
If you’d like to be added to a mailing list that will receive special announcements and updates on NHUnited’s Children’s Ministries, please contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org!
SDUnited, our cooperative youth group for teens in grades 6-12, meets at Normal Heights United on 2nd & 4th Thursdays from 6-8pm! This group is open to teens from throughout San Diego County!
Come be a part of a community dedicated to seeking justice, loving God and neighbor, and having fun!
Our Core Values
- We respect everyone as God’s beloved creation
- You are invited to be here as you are.
- Our community is committed to justice, curiosity, and having fun!
- We seek to love our neighbors with the renewing love God gifts us.
open play groups
During the week, a wonderful nonprofit, The ARC of San Diego, uses our Nursery to provide education and resourcing to children and families in our neighborhood. They open their doors to everyone every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30-10:15am for an open play group time. Open play is an unstructured time for your little ones to explore and play with the many toys and activities we have. A parent or caregiver must attend with their children. If you decide to stay longer than 10:15am to join for more structured activities, you are more than welcome to! So we can give the teachers a heads up of who will be joining, please let Melissa know if you plan to come by: email@example.com.
4650 Mansfield Street
San Diego, California 92116
Service on Sundays
10:42am - noon
We, at NHUnited Church, recognize that the land our building occupies is unceded Kumeyaay land. The Kumeyaay, also known as Diegueño in Spanish, have lived on the land for over 10,000 years, in the mountains, valleys, and coastal regions. We commit ourselves to caring for this land and its inhabitants in honor of the Kumeyaay people, and always in a spirit of stewardship, openness, and care of land and neighbor.